WBUI / SUSAN’S AUTO MALL HALFTIME CHALLENGE
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES - ENTER AT LOCATION
Contest: WBUI / Susan’s Auto Mall Halftime Challenge
Station: Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC dba WBUI
Station Address: WBUI, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield, IL 62703
Contest Area: Illinois Counties: Cass, Champaign, Christian, Coles, Cumberland, DeWitt, Douglas, Edgar, Effingham, Ford, Iroquois, Logan, Macon, Menard, Morgan, Moultrie, Piatt, Sangamon, Shelby, Vermilion, and Warren.
Sponsors: Friendly Chevrolet and Susan's Auto Mall
Prize Providers: Friendly Chevrolet and Susan's Auto Mall
Age of Eligibility: Sixteen (16) and older. Any minor who is selected as a Qualifier must appear with his or her parent or legal guardian in order to sign the requisite forms to participate, as described below.
Contest Period: August 24, 2018 to October 19, 2018.
Entries Due: 7:00 PM CDT on August 24, 31, 2018; September 7, 14, 21, 28, 2018 and October 5, 12, 19, 2018.
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per contestant per week. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next Drawing Date.
Qualifier Drawing Dates: August 24, 31, 2018; September 7, 14, 21, 28, 2018 and October 5, 12, 19, 2018
Number of Qualifiers on Each Drawing Date: One (1)
Total Number of Qualifiers: Nine (9)
Grand Prize Attempt Dates: August 24 and 31, 2018; September 7, 14, 21 and 28, 2018 and October 5, 12 and 19, 2018.
Prizes and Values: The Participating Qualifier may win one (1) of three (3) prizes: Fifty Dollars ($50.) for the qualifier and Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.) for the home school; OR One Hundred Dollars ($100.) for the qualifier and Five Hundred Dollars ($500.) for the home school; OR Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.) for the qualifier and One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.) for the home school.
Station’s Website: www.cw23tv.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://cw23tv.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of qualifying depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, stop by the Station’s booth at any participating Friday Night Rivals game listed below or outside the main gate and pick up an entry blank. Fill it out by hand and drop it in the contest entry box. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
August 24, 2018 Athens at Williamsville 900 S. Walnut Rd, Williamsville, IL 62693
August 31, 2018 Maroa-Forsyth at New Berlin 300 East Ellis Street, New Berlin, IL 62670
September 7, 2018 Glenwood at Springfield High 101 S. Lewis Street, Springfield, IL 62704
September 14, 2018 Central A&M at Warrensburg-Latham 430 W. North Street, Warrensburg, IL 62573
September 21, 2018 Rochester at SHG 1200 W. Washington Street, Springfield, IL 62702
September 28, 2018 Beardstown at Routt 500 E. College Avenue, Jacksonville, IL 62650
October 5, 2018 North Mac at Pleasant Plains 500 N. Cartwright Street, Pleasant Plains, IL 62677
October 12, 2018 Mt. Zion at Taylorville 815 W. Springfield Road, Taylorville, IL 62568
October 19, 2018 Maroa-Forsyth at Auburn 511 N 7th Street, Auburn, IL 62615
How to Qualify
One (1) Qualifier on each Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received. The Qualifier must answer the Station’s call on the first attempt, and come to the Station’s booth within ten (10) minutes of notification to sign a release form and participate in the Grand Prize Attempt. Failure to do so will result in disqualification, and if time permits, an alternate Qualifier will be selected.
How to Participate in Football Kick
1. Participating Qualifier must be present to attempt to win prize and must appear in person at the station’s booth at the Friday Night Rivals game listed above (the “Event”) within ten (10) minutes of notification of Qualifier status in order to compete in the punt or kick attempt (the “Grand Prize Attempt”).
2. Participating Qualifiers will be required to show government-issued photo identification and complete and sign a “Contest Agreement to Participate” form as soon as possible after notification. The Agreement includes a consent to be videotaped during the Grand Prize Attempt. If a minor, the Qualifier’s parent or legal guardian must also appear in person with the Qualifier in order to sign the form. If the Participating Qualifier cannot be notified on the first phone call from Station, is unable to attend the Event, does not appear at the Event, or is otherwise disqualified, and an alternate qualifier is not able to be selected due to time constraints, then the Grand Prize Attempt will be cancelled and no alternate prize will be awarded.
3. Participating Qualifier will have the opportunity to win (1) of 3 prizes: Fifty Dollars ($50.) for the qualifier and the home school will win Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.); OR One Hundred Dollars ($100.) for the qualifier and the home school will win Five Hundred Dollars ($500.); OR Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.) for the qualifier and the home school will win One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.)
4. Kick Attempt Rules: At the Event, Participating Qualifier is permitted one (1) kick attempt for a 15-yard field goal, if the qualifier makes the 15-yard field go, they then get one (1) kick attempt for a 20-yard field goal, if the qualifier makes the 20-yard field goal, then then get one (1) kick attempt for a 25- yard field goal. 2-minute time limit. In order to be a valid attempt, Participating Qualifier must kick a regulation High School, NCAA, NFL or Arena football. All kicks will be attempted off of a tee.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), Insurer, contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. The winner must have a valid Illinois state driver’s license and provide proof of automobile insurance. The winner is also responsible for any add-ons, insurance premiums, maintenance expenses, gasoline, and any other fees and expenses associated with the vehicle, including but not limited to, registration, tag, and title fees.
4. Each qualifier will be notified by phone and will be notified of the validity of the Attempt in person, however awarding of the prize is contingent on approval and investigation by Insurer. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within ten (10) minutes then the attempt will be forfeited, and time permitting, the qualifying attempt opportunity will be awarded to an alternate qualifier randomly selected from among remaining valid entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the
Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.