If you would like your event considered for the Calendar, please email your request as early as possible to Events@wics.com.
Please include the date of the event in the e-mail subject line and the following details within the body of the email, (not as an attachment).
- event date
- event time
- event location (street address and city)
- event cost (if applicable) and who benefits from the fees/donations
- a brief description
- public contact information if our community has further questions (phone number, website, email address, Facebook page)
Tip: How to search this calendar of events: Use 'Ctrl + F' and type a key word or date (i.e. "fireworks" or "July 4") into the search box. This function should find and highlight corresponding events in your browser.
September 7, 8, 9
The Mature Mob show, FLASH-BACK TO THE 50's (7:00pm, Sacred Heart Griffin Auditorium, SPRINGFIELD) Tickets for adults $15, children under 12 free. All proceeds from the show go to Senior Services Of Central Illinois. For more info on auditions call 217-753-1465. Let's have fun.
The Women Who Farm Field Day series: PASTURED LIVESTOCK & POULTRY (2:00 - 5:00pm; Cedar Valley Sustainable, OTTOWA) Leaving the bustling city behind for the tranquility of the countryside, Beth and her family pioneered the CSA farm model in LaSalle County. There, she raises pastured beef, pork, and poultry, and serves as a local foods and farm activist presenting at conferences throughout the Midwest. Ramble the fields with Beth and learn what makes her farm work. Afterwards, you'll construct a mobile chicken coop and uncover tips and tricks for your farm.
- The Women Who Farm Field Day series is BACK! Join us this summer in touring five women-led farms in central Illinois on Sunday afternoons from June through September.
- At each event, we will take an extensive tour of a working farm, explore the skill or niche that the host farmer does best, and experience a hands-on activity to learn a new skill.
- Delicious, fresh, local refreshments will be provided at each field day to replenish the body, cool the summer heat, and facilitate getting to know each other. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend!
- Registration costs $15 and includes a farm tour, refreshments, and a hands-on learning activity.